Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another thought on thoughts...

If I was given the choice, I would definitely choose silence versus thoughts.

I remember when I first started meditating, really meditating, it did not take long for something to let go. Before this, there were times when I would be talking to someone and my mind would race at a hundred per hour, thinking incredibly judgmental thoughts, that where totally embarrassing. I would then judge the thoughts, adding extra weight to the internal chaos and hoped that the person in front of me would never guess what I was thinking. Thankfully this is completely gone and I can say there is fresher air to breathe inside my mind.



Another result of meditating was a complete silence. Not just less thoughts, but no thoughts... the lightness that results from that is invaluable and to me it was such a gift. Worries dissolving, a sense of space inside, calm and peaceful, without it being anything in particular really, a sense of fullness. Wow. I admit, however, this is not constant and there are times, still, when raging thoughts take over (in or out of meditation).

So, why ramble on meditation? The more I meditate, the more thoughts become something different... and so does the world around me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    thanks for sharing your experience with meditation and the before and after results. I use it occassionally; but early in my anonymous recovery, I learned to use it to steady the water of my thoughts.

    Come and visit my art blog, you may find great friends, and or just a great spiritual escape.

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete